RENTHAL Code: RE-G197
Renthal Ultra Tacky Grips (dual compound) - Tapered and Non-Tapered
- Size Chart
Renthal® Ultra-Tacky™ grips have been developed to increase traction between the glove and grip, increasing control and reducing rider fatigue.
The unique Ultra-Tacky™ compound constantly produces and renews a sticky surface coating which, when cmbined with the Renthal® Soft compound, offers an incredibly grippy, yet comfortable, surface.
Suitable for use in all conditions, the grip is paricularly applicable where riders are looking for increased control of the handlebars.
The sticky surface will last for the lifetime of the grip and, if it loses its stickiness at any point, simply wash with clean water and allow the grips to air dry to re-activate the stickiness.
- Renthal® Dual Compound Construction
- Ultra-Tacky™ outer compound provides increased traction (similar in hardness to Renthal Soft)
- Firm inner compound provides durability at grip ends
- Sticky surface will last for the lifetime of the grip and can be refreshed at any point with water
Rider Sam Greenslade, Kiwi rider test ride and top off-road rider tested the grips:
Renthal Ultra Tacky Tapered Grip
"For years I have chosen Renthal's Original Series half waffle medium grips. The main reason is in comparison to other grips they provide a narrow feel. This results in a comfortable full grip around the bar without having to hold on tightly. The looser grip around the bar I find helps reduce arm pump and fatigue in the hands; in turn I have been happy with the compromise in durability for the added comfit. I’ll be honest I was skeptical when I first saw the tacky grips. Despite the full black colour they look very similar to a Renthal Dual series grip, which I personally haven’t been a huge fan of. However I changed my mind once I got out on the track riding with them.
- The tapered grip ends provide a very natural grip feel, producing a narrower feel similar to the original series grips.
- Although not super tacky I did find I didn’t need to hold on very tight to maintain good control at the bars. There is no doubt the 'tack' works.
- I tested the grips in wet sandy conditions. They provided a consent level of grip even once both the grips and my gloves got dirty. With the Original series grips once my gloves get wet I find a reduction in grip, this was not the case with the super tacky.
- No arm pump or hand cramp. Arm pump isn't something I get a lot of but at the end of the day I do sometimes get cramp in my throttle hand. I would need to do further testing to see if this issue can be eliminated with the ultra tacky grips.
After around two and a half hours on the grips they appear to be wearing well, with no breakage at the bar ends (which is common with the original series). After each clean the grips have remained tacky and at this stage have not lost any of their 'tack'. As a personal preference I prefer a harder grip, as a result I find the ultra tacky to be a little on the soft side. The reason I prefer the harder grip is they have a firm feel under the finger tips. With a softer grip I feel like I get a lot of movement unless I hold on tightly. Although I do get this sensation with the ultra tacky grip the taper helps to reduce the issue, as the diamonds get gradually smaller towards the ends of the grip reducing the flex and movement in the grip."
Products marked as "In Stock" are stored in our different distribution centers. These products will ship within 1-3 business days.
Items are then sent by courier, we use Courierpost & Posthaste which will take 1-3 days to arrive depending on your location and the size of the parcel.
While we will do our best to ship from the distribution center closest to you, not all items will always be in stock in every location at all times. In some cases we will split the order and ship each package out to you individually and in other cases we may need to consolidate the items in one location to ship out as one package. We utilize our best judgment in an attempt to get the products to you as quickly as possible.
Our returns policy lasts 90 days. If 90 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 90 days after delivery